[OSM-talk] riverbanks, way, segs, corrruption, user experience, traction.

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Thu May 3 16:27:38 BST 2007

blank
----- Original Message -----
From: "lewispusey" <lewispusey at earthlink.net>
To: <talk at openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 3:58 PM
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] riverbanks, way, segs, corrruption, user
experience,traction.

> Deleting and redrawing the ways will require days more of work and since I
> redrew them once; that was several more days, and the original drawing
> then
> alsotook days. I think this points to a problem, losing original
> information
> and time consuming redraws for no real reason (other than the first pass
> was
> not right?).

[snipped for brevity]

> Lewis
> PS: other things that seem highly redundant are the need to order "segs"
> and
> of course the "duplicate" corruption. The tagging could also be much
> streamlined, manually entering text over tons of short "ways" is a total
> unnecessary pain.

Lewis

I presume you are aware that in JOSM you can select lots of ways at once and
then apply the correct tag to them.

Also you can use JOSM presets which cuts down on a lot of the need to
"manually entering text", and all cuts down on the possibility of spelling
mistakes.

Also as far as the riverbank ways go you don't need to delete you existing
ways, just select the two ways which are on opposite sides of the bank and
use JOSM to merge the two ways.

David