[OSM-talk] Automatic creation of ways

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 8 17:13:18 BST 2007

Rainer Dorsch wrote:
>Sent: 08 May 2007 4:40 PM
>To: talk at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Automatic creation of ways
>
>Dean,
>
>I did not know about that feature, but it is definitely useful in "white"
>(i.e. unmapped) areas. Do you have a pointer where this is documented?

If the distance between GPS points is large, eg 100m or more, then this
method is a timesaver in unmapped areas but please don’t use it for areas
with existing mapping or when the frequency of gps points is small and hence
would otherwise create a huge number of unnecessary segments.

If you do use it, I'd recommend editing the resultant data to clean it up
etc before uploading anything to OSM.

Cheers

Andy

Andy Robinson