[OSM-talk] tagging cycle routes

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Thu May 10 16:12:04 BST 2007

How should I be tagging cycle routes? I need to tag the following sorts of
route:

Local routes (such as 4, 4a and 12)

Regional routes (such as R21)

National Routes (such as N1 and N51)

Note:

National route 1 and National route 51 share some common ways

National route 1 and some local routes share common ways

No doubt all other combinations may also occur

Some of these ways will also have road classifications which need to be
completely separate (B113, A14 etc) using the 'ref' tag.

Do I create two tags with the same 'ncn-ref' key, but different values for
the two national routes? (and is that actually allowed?)

Do I encode Regional Routes using the 'ncn-ref' tag and use an 'R' prefix or
do we need a distinct regional route tag?

Is there an agreed tag for use with local cycle routes?

Many thanks,

Peter

---

Peter Miller   Ito!    peter.miller at itoworld.com     www.itoworld.com