[OSM-talk] Things-To-Do Wiki Page

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Fri May 11 09:50:37 BST 2007

I would find it very useful to have a place to register suggestions that are not necessary tangible trac-type ones.
For instance, I find it constantly frustrating not knowing whether individual nodes (when looking at data in JOSM)are tagged with an attribute or not - ie useful data or stray data. It would be so useful to have the nodes WITH an attribute showing up as some different symbol/style to those that are just part of a segment/way. Presumably it would be easy to interrogate the database to know that and thus use a different symbol (sorry beyond me to do).
PS: If I am off target and should make this a trac entry just say and I will do so.
Other wish-list things that occur are: wanting to be able to save visible window as SVG file (or indeed other formats) to export to Inkscape for custom map enhancement. Currently - and with the excellent new larger fit-to-browser-window viewing pane it is even more complicated - you have to scale, get URL, paste to JOSM, save from JOSM, and run a renderer on the resulting file to get your SVG file.
Sorry, but this is a long-winded YES to wish-list page on wiki.

Cheers
STEVE

Steve Chilton, Learning Support Fellow
Learning and Technical Support Unit Manager
School of Health and Social Sciences
Middlesex University
phone/fax: 020 8411 5355
email: steve8 at mdx.ac.uk

== Every day above ground is a good day ==
Chair of the Society of Cartographers:
http://www.soc.org.uk/
Mind the (Map) Gap: