[OSM-talk] Coastline upload improvements

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Sat May 19 00:47:08 BST 2007

As some have heard, I'm in the process of improving Ojw's script
for uploading coastlines.  In connection with this, I have some
questions.

>From previously uploaded coastlines, I have removed tags from
nodes and line segments, to get a cleaner rendering in Maplint.
Does this violate any obligation to attribute the source of
coastline data?

The existing coast_upload.pl script produces a log.txt file in the
current working directory.  Does anybody use this log file for
anything?

In the coast_upload.pl script, there are calls to a statistics
URL at almien.co.uk, that seems to be broken.  Is there any need
for such statistics, or should this call simply be removed?

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)