[OSM-talk] Where have the map tiles gone?

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Sat May 19 12:23:08 BST 2007

On Sat, 2007-05-19 at 11:45 +0100, David Earl wrote:
> All this morning I am just getting pink squares with little image icons in
> the corner, indicative of the tile not being available, for *all* map tiles
> including osmarender, mapnik (on home page, and in my name finder) *and* npe
> (in poi editor). I saw there was some discussion of performance, but this
> seems different - it is responding quite quickly with nothing.
>
> Is something down?
>
> David

Works for me.

If you want to check whether tile works you can try a simple URL to
download a single tile directly, e.g.
http://tile.openstreetmap.org/11/1015/686.png

I had something similar happen once before when openlayers.org went down
since several of the slippy maps load the Openlayers.js from the
openlayers.org site. www.openstreetmap.org has its own copy though.

	Jon