[OSM-talk] Potlatch data

Matthias Julius lists at julius-net.net
Thu May 24 20:51:53 BST 2007

Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemeD.net> writes:

> Matthias Julius wrote:
>
>> I just reloaded Potlatch (without restarting the browser) and it shows
>> ways that are not shown in JOSM.  Are that ways with visibility=no and
>> JOSM is ignoring them?
>
> This was an earlier bug. I hope it's fixed now.
>
> Please try:
>
> 1. Clicking on the way
> 2. Moving a point a little way
> 3. Moving it back again!
> 4. Deselecting the way, to force it to be reuploaded
>
> Then look in JOSM again and see if it's fixed.

That makes it to show up in JOSM.

I just looked at one of them (4643058).  It doesn't have any segments
in the OSM file JOSM wrote.

> If not, please let me know the way ID and I'll investigate further.
>
>> Another good feature for Potlatch could be if it would send a
>> keep-alive request to the www server once in a while to not let the
>> user's session expire.
>
> What would this achieve? Sorry, I'm not doubting you, I'm just not
> sure what the point would be.

When you work in Potlatch for a while your www session expires and you
have to log in again when you switch between View and Edit for
example.  This is annoying (just a little bit).

Matthias