[OSM-talk] international name rendering

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Mon May 28 21:44:42 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 21:22 +0100, David Earl wrote:

> [...]

I was originally hoping for a vertical layout which I think would work
better. I'm not sure brackets would be necessary in that case:

  London
  Londres
  Llundain

I agree that we need to do something to limit the list of names. Even
with 3 I think the map starts getting a bit cluttered. If only we could
use the Accept-Language: header to choose which alternate name to
render. Maybe we could do with all the names being rendered in
per-language transparent layers. Or we accept that we need to re-render
the tiles in several different languages.

	Jon