[OSM-talk] Germany and the Cycle Map

Karl Eichwalder ke at gnu.franken.de
Fri Nov 2 20:34:24 GMT 2007

They are all cheating, these Germans ;)

AFAIK, National Cycle Routes do not exist in Germany.  Independently
from the German administration, a cycle club (ADFC) intends to
establish a network called "D-Netz":

http://deutschland-tourismus.de/radfahren/velo_vision_d_netz.htm

Do German mappers tag the proposed and partially started "D-Netz" as
"ncn"?

Here in Germany we have quite some touristic rotes.  For more info, see
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_Radfernwege_in_Deutschland .
I would like to ask you to tag these route as "tcn" (t = tourism) and
to ask Andy to colour these t-routes nicely.  I'd like to see a blueish
green ;)

I just started with the "Fünf-Flüsse-Radweg" (5 Rivers Cycleway) in
Nuremberg...