[OSM-talk] Potlatch :-)

Barnett, Phillip Phillip.Barnett at itn.co.uk
Thu Nov 22 13:22:22 GMT 2007

I had a quick look at Nuremberg in JOSM, and it does seem a slight exaggeration to say that 'half the city has gone' - in fact it all looks quite normal at first glance, assuming the usual radial symmetry of cities applies here. The original poster appears to have done A LOT of the city - pretty much the entire northern half of the city - and the bottom half appears normally present.

Of course, someone may have reverted the changes already. Uploaded a recent saved OSM file perhaps? Maybe all mappers should take frequent snapshots of 'their' area just in case catastrophe strikes?

Perhaps Karl could clarify the problem? (Incidentally, I don't think it's fair to castigate him for posting in German on an English mailing list - as far as I know Richard isn't a subscriber to the talk-de mailing list :-) and anyway, I understood the gist of what he said with my schoolboy German (and a quick check through the Google translator...

Cheers

PHILLIP BARNETT
SERVER MANAGER

200 GRAY'S INN ROAD
LONDON
WC1X 8XZ
UNITED KINGDOM
T +44 (0)20 7430 4474
E PHILLIP.BARNETT at ITN.CO.UK
WWW.ITN.CO.UK

P  Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?