[OSM-talk] [OSM-legal-talk] OSMF - OSM usage guidelines

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Nov 22 23:41:15 GMT 2007

Hi,

> Would it not be a more productive use of people's time and mental
> bandwidth to create such a distribution model rather than making
> strawman arguments based on legal fantasies?

To be safe from harm we'd need to implement a "peer-to-peer" type of
network which can work "underground" even if deemed illegal by countries
  in which we have users and mappers.

On the other hand, if it ever came so far that OSM was considered in
breach of the law in a major American or European jurisdiction, I don't
know if we'd gain much from being able to continue to function technically.

Would an individual still prefer putting OSM's map on his web page when
he can use Google's without having to fear MegaCorp? Would Oxford
University? Would anyone accept any kind of professional work including
or built on OSM data? Surely not. We'd be ruined, even if our servers
were still running somewhere at Sealand.

Bye
Frederik