[OSM-talk] Oxford University use without attribution

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Wed Nov 28 15:41:16 GMT 2007

On 28/11/2007 15:26, Steve Coast wrote:
> Is it not ok to tag it
>
> highway:tertiary
> ref:A420

That's certainly what I'd do.

BTW, we have a number of closure points like this in Cambridge, enforced
by rising bollards, with cycle bypasses. Here's how I've done the actual
closure points:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.202314&lon=0.124708&zoom=18&layers=B0F

I used 'highway=service' at the closure so there's a definite narrowing,
with relevant access tags of course (which don't show up on the map)
plus short cycleways past either side. That's a slight abuse of
'service' but it does make it visibly different.

The bus_sluice proposal
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Bus_Sluice)
almost fits this need, but it is a bit specific to the design (hole in
the road, rather than bollard) of the closure point.

David