[OSM-talk] Bus sluice/gate (Was: Oxford University use...)

Stephen Gower socks-openstreetmap.org at earth.li
Wed Nov 28 17:07:30 GMT 2007

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 04:20:05PM +0000, David Sheldon wrote:

> Interestingly, the oxford one only applies 7:30am-6:30pm. However google
> maps doesn't appear to route you down it ever. In fact they route you
> down Oriel Square/Merton St, which I didn't think was ever a good route.
>
> Should we consider routefinding apps here?

  Probably, but even outside the restrictive hours, the High is not a
  primary road by any real definition.  When it's open you'd want to
  use it if you or your destination were near it, but you wouldn't
  want to route across Oxford using it (perhaps in the middle of the
  night, but certainly not just after 1830).