[OSM-talk] Potlatch :-)

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Nov 29 12:35:47 GMT 2007

In message <474EADDF.8090903 at SSpaeth.de>
        Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at sspaeth.de> wrote:

> Richard Fairhurst wrote:
>
>> We do now have per-object rollbacks. It's just not live yet because
>> I'm waiting for peer review of the code, as per previous messages
>
> Richard, how hard would it be to set up a live potatch instance on the
> dev server that talks to a local PostGIS installation?

Why PostGIS? The API uses MySQL not PostGIS.

Setting up isn't hard - populating it with the full real database
on a regular basis as somebody was suggesting before is a bit insane
though.

> This way we could provide a beta potlatch test which works on
> semi-current data with no danger of damaging real data. We could load a
> new dump each week/day or something.

No way are we doing daily. Weekly maybe, but probably only of a
part of the planet if only for disk space reasons.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/