[OSM-talk] [voting] shop=bicycle - approved

Gerald A geraldablists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 14:14:42 GMT 2007

On 11/30/07, Milenko <milenko at king-nerd.com> wrote:
> If I saw a wrench(spanner) on a map, I'd think it was a car repair shop, not
> for bicycles.  What about the bicycle icon with a small wrench standing on
> end in front of it?

I know this is a bike-specific thread, but we should think about a
background symbol that works for all kinds of "shops". I like the idea
of having a bike with a wrench, and this would work for motorcycles
and cars as well, so it's a good general idea.

The only issue I see with it is that some bike "stores" don't actually
service bikes, but just sell them. So we should put some consideration
into what the background symbol is, or at least keep a little
flexibility in mind to allow it be tweaked in the future. (Personally
I think we should use the wrench right now with the bike, and consider
a more generic icon to replace it possibly sometime in the future.)

Gerald.