[OSM-talk] WIKI: Labels-Examples-InTown

Sven Grüner sgruener at web.de
Mon Oct 1 18:53:32 BST 2007

Hi folks,

As obvious in the current surcafe-discussion it's difficult to describe
the properties of a way understandable for non-natives and validly
applicable all over the world.

A good solution for that problem may be pictures like the ones found here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Labels-Examples

Because I consider this a very smart way to show (especially newbies)
how to tag certain things I've restructured the inside-town-page (out of
town is still in the old style) and added the appropiate tags.

Please post your comments here or on the discussion-page of the article.

If my changes receive your approval I'm going to add more renderings and
will also update the out-of-towners. Plus I'm going to capture pictures
of more examples.

Cheers, Sven