[OSM-talk] Mass adding 8000 populated places in Italy

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Oct 6 17:45:28 BST 2007

Cool,

Three things which you have probably thought of already.
1. Use a unique username for any upload. Then if there any issues later its
easy to remove/select that data alone.
2. How does it mesh with the data that is already in the OSM database. have
you looked to see what types of conflicts, if any, exist. If there are
conflicts its worth communicating to OSM users so that any with an interest
in Italy can have a chance to interact with the process.
3. Tomorrow morning we dump segments in the move to API 0.5. Is the data you
propose to upload only nodes?

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers,

Andy