[OSM-talk] FIXME and other issues

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Fri Oct 12 18:20:31 BST 2007

The transition to API0.5 seems to have gone very well which is great news.

Please let me know if I am missing something, however it seems that un-wayed
segments are no longer visible in josm or maplint. Can I suggest that:

1)      JOSM highlights ways with FIXME in their note field so one can find
them easily, or has a 'sticky' search which leaves all features that match
the search using a different colour until they are fixed (currently as soon
as you click on anything the highlights go away). Alternatively a 'Search
Again' would also allow me to make progress. Possibly there is already a way
to do this, but it isn't obvious to me.

2)      Can Maplint highlight any ways with 'note=FIXME*' and possibly
render the rest of the text in to lint layer, so the old segments would be
marked on the maplint rendering layer as 'previously unwayed segment' (or as
much of the phrase as will fit).

Other things:

The Thames in London has recently been 'drained' using osmarender rendering
and is now white. I am not sure what might be wrong or even what the coding
should be. Could someone take a look?

All the best,

PeterIto