[OSM-talk] Disallow Anonymous Edits NOW

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Oct 14 17:43:58 BST 2007

80n wrote:
>Sent: 14 October 2007 3:44 PM
>To: Frederik Ramm
>Cc: talk at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Disallow Anonymous Edits NOW
>
>On 10/13/07, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
>
>	Hi,
>

>	I think this is the core of the problem. And while I have said in
the
>	past that I would like fully anonymous edits without even
>registering,
>	I rescind that now and say: No more edits by accounts who haven't
>made
>	their edits public!
>

>+1 from me.
>
>80n

It's a +1 for me too, however before we make any change I believe we should
do a few checks and balances.

1. what does the sign-up process say at the moment (and does it need
changing)?
2. what minimum method of communicating with a user is required (eg mail via
a web form)?
3. Communicate to all users (their registered email address) who have not
made their edits public stating that all edits in future will be made public
and that means that any user will be able to contact them via the web
interface (no direct email details disclosed).
5. Anything else?

Cheers

Andy

Andy Robinson