[OSM-talk] JOSM API 0.5 -- bug?

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Mon Oct 15 18:01:54 BST 2007

>A similar problem is with a roundabout: I click on the first node (shared

>with another road) then a series of nodes making up the roundabout. When
>get to the last node (also linked with another road) it abandons the way
>so that the link between the last node and node 1 becomes a new way.
>Furthermore, if I click on node 1 the roundabout becomes an extension of
>the way shared with node 1.

After further editing I can generalise on these issues:

1) If you construct a way and you include nodes which are ends of other
ways (but not intermediate nodes of other ways), it splits your new way.
2) If you select a node which is the end of an existing way, and then
construct another way, it extends the existing way - even if you don't
want to.

Thanks,
Nick