[OSM-talk] voice recorders

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 17 21:43:55 BST 2007

On 17/10/2007, Christoph Eckert <ce at christeck.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > A slight alternative to this is to record a constant audio stream and
> > taken photos (of nothing) along the way, then you just need to say
> > "I'm taking a photo as we pass a post box on the left" and you know
> > that the first photo that shows up is where the post box was.
>
> I tried this, but I failed to split it into the chunks of the spoken
> data. In between, there's a lot of "silence", which actually contains a
> lot of noise of the environment.
>
> I thus set a waypoint at any note I want to take and record a single
> note on my mp3 player. Back home, I load both the waypoints and the
> tracks as gpx in JOSM and listen to my  recordings: "Waypoint 123: a
> post box on the right hand side and a nice McDonalds restaurant on the
> left hand side".
>
> Sometimes it confuses bypassers as a cyclist talks to his left hand, but
> that's nothing that annoys me ;-) .
>
> Cheers,
>
> ce

To start I would like a GPS recording program (on my Axim PDA or Sony
Erricson phone) that quickly saves a waypoint(auto number as name), then I'm
happy writing a note with pen & paper.
All the programs I've tried seem to require going into a menu, typing a
waypoint name, then saving. By that point I might of moved on, or dropped my
map sketch.

--
Gregory
nomoregrapes at gmail.com