[OSM-talk] Featured Images

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Oct 20 13:00:35 BST 2007

On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 12:27:47PM +0100, Andy Allan wrote:
> On 10/20/07, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >     I have just added a "featured image" to the Wiki page. There's a
> > structure for discussion and consensus-building in the Wiki (adding the
> > image to the "proposed" page first, then discuss, and so on) but since
> > this obviously (as seen from page history) hasn't been used for either
> > discussion, voting, or consensus-building in the past I have taken the
> > liberty to just insert my image into the next free slot.
>
> There used to be way more images and decisions to be made, but that
> seems to have tailed off a bit.

This is probably largely related to the fact that the map itself is now
a much more useful metric of the success of OSM, thanks to all the hard
work that so many people have been putting in. The Featured image (as
was mentioned recently) started at a time when you were lucky if you
could get to the OSM website most days :)

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta