[OSM-talk] The power of the crowd

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Mon Oct 22 16:36:02 BST 2007

I think it would be very interesting to segment registered users by country
and also by activity. How many register and do nothing. How many do one
change and then no more and how many become active members. If someone would
like to do that it would be great.

The next question would of course be to ask how we can increase the
conversion rate to active members which will probably come down to making
the introduction easier and clearer. Also, do we ever mail-shot members to
remind them of their membership and suggest that they do something (even if
that is only to request no more emails)?

That given; the growth is still very healthy indeed and should translate
into more surveying each week, even if a large majority of users do nothing.

Regards,

Peter