[OSM-talk] Potlatch and anonymous edits

Thu Oct 25 11:01:54 BST 2007

Hi all,

As of some as yet undecided date in November, Potlatch will stop
accepting edits by anonymous users (those who have not chosen "make my
edits public").

The recent discussion has, I think, illustrated that we have a broad
consensus on this and a strong desire that it happens.

Before this happens, there'll be approximately a fortnight whereby a
warning will appear on the Potlatch screen for any non-public users,
letting them they will need to have a public account to continue
editing. I will also add text alongside the "make my edits public"
button to explain that users need to click this before they can use
Potlatch.

I'm not handy enough with the rest of the Rails port to change the
traditional API, but we do appear to have a consensus that this should
be done. Again, I'd suggest a fortnight's warning.

cheers
Richard