[OSM-talk] [OSM-dev] TIGER, which states next?

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 18:19:32 BST 2007

On 10/24/07, Karl Newman <siliconfiend at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The following Northwest California counties are pretty empty right now
> > > (except for some major roads and coastlines):
> > > Del Norte
> > > Humboldt
> > > Mendocino
> > > Trinity
> > > Lake
> > >
> > > There's a bunch of unwayed segments and unwayed nodes in there. I
> > > might purge those out before you start the upload.
> > >
> > > I'm looking at Northeast CA right now to find more candidates.
> > >
> > Okay, someone has done a fair amount of mapping around Lassen NP, but
> > I don't think the TIGER data will collide too much. So, I think you
> > can safely add the following Northeast CA counties, too:
> > Siskiyou
> > Shasta
> > Tehama
> > Plumas
> > Butte
> > Glenn
> > Colusa
> > Yuba
> > Sierra
> > Nevada
> >
> > I'll keep looking for more candidates in CA. (I'm using data from the
> > planet file and looking at the results in JOSM).
> >
> Add these, too:
> Sutter
> Yolo
> Placer
> El Dorado
> Sacramento
> Amador
> Alpine
> Calaveras
> Tuolomne
> San Joaquin
> Stanislaus
> Merced
> Mariposa
> Madera
> Mono
> Fresno
> San Benito
> Kings
> Tulare
> Inyo
> Santa Cruz
> Monterey
> San Luis Obispo
> Kern

OSM mappers have been busy in Southern California :-). Ventura county
is probably okay to upload; only a few roads mapped there, but there
is some not-insignificant mapping in Santa Barbara county, and some
substantial mapping in Los Angeles and Orange counties. Probably best
to let those "owners" merge the data themselves. Imperial county is
empty, too.
So, add:
Ventura
Imperial

And that should about do it for California until someone merges the
already-mapped counties.