[OSM-talk] osmarender SVG in .Net

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Mon Oct 29 22:53:40 GMT 2007

Hi Thom,

I can't help you with .NET, but I just wanted to let you know that I have successfully rendered the SVG's using Batik and got the same output as from Inkscape. Just want to reassure you that there is nothing 'funny' about the SVG format.

I have come accross SVG libraries in the past that only render a subset of the SVG operators, which produce strange results when run over SVG's containing the full set. Can't comment on SharpVectors though.

Regards,
Brent.

On 29/10/2007 at 10:17 PM Thom Shannon  wrote:

>I'm trying to render SVG to raster in .net, I'm using the SharpVectors
>lib but it just can't render the osmarender svgs. Has anyone tried this
>before?
>
>It seems to render various elements as solid black objects. The
>background rectangle fills the page black, if I remove that then ways
>are just solid black shapes.

Brent Easton
Analyst/Programmer
University of Western Sydney