[OSM-talk] Osmarender 5

spaetz osm at sspaeth.de
Sun Sep 2 14:55:45 BST 2007

On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 08:35:12AM +0100, Gregory Marler wrote:
> My thoughts too.
> We could have a copyright watermark tiled all over the map like other
> non-free map sources like Google Maps etc.
> But doesn't the end user want something more clean and a nice presentation,
> rather than random names over the map their using to give directions to
> their business, or random names where they point out areas of local
> interest, or whatever use?

But this depends on whether we consider our osmarender map to be a end-user map, that can be used just like Google Maps. We do have a nice mapnik layer which can be used for such purposes already.
I am not disagreeing with you though, I just think it depends on whether we really intent to produce 2 end-user maps in parallel.

spaetz