[OSM-talk] Hello

Fabrizio Giudici Fabrizio.Giudici at tidalwave.it
Thu Sep 13 16:59:49 BST 2007

On Sep 13, 2007, at 13:38 , Raphaël Jacquot wrote:

> Fabrizio Giudici wrote:
>
>> PS Also a technical question. My recorded tracks' data are sampled
>> every 10 seconds - is it acceptable or is it too low?
>
> if enough tracks are using the same road, you can use it.
> with one single person doing one road, depending on the speed, it
> can be fairly useless :
>
> say the person is doing 90km/h, that's 25m/s, or a point every 250m.
> as long as the road is perfectly straight, it's ok, if it turns,
> you're screwed

I know - it's the evaluation I did when I decided for those 10secs,
usually I travel so fast only in highways and they are usually pretty
straight. But of course in some very tight mountain bends it can be a
problem. I'll change settings in future - what do you think is a good
trade-off? And for the current tracks, do you prefer that I upload
them all the same or would I make you waste time?

--
Fabrizio Giudici, Ph.D. - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."