[OSM-talk] Suggestion more complete mapping verifactiion

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Sep 18 14:56:31 BST 2007

Hi,

> All you do it hit the "Make note" button and click on the map. It asks
> you for text and then stores it with the location, so everyone can see
> what you did. You can click on the markers to see the text.

Cool, works.

> Now, it's not teribly amazing, but I can imagine it being changed so
> that after they click it redirects them to a page that asks for
> details, like type of problem and such.
>
> Is this what you were thinking of?

Yes. I'd perhaps try and have the markers appear only at the zoom
level that was used when putting them in, otherwise I think the map
might become unreadable quickly. If we could have something like that
and then a JOSM plugin that fetches these markers for an area (and
maybe also updates the marker database if the mapper says he has
fixed something), that would open the way for many a couch potato to
help us ;-)

I could even envisage mappers entering such notes (like "forgot to
put down road name") to alert others (who might know the answer off
of their heads!) to the problem.

Bye
Frederik