[OSM-talk] Voting

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at web.de
Tue Apr 8 03:28:07 BST 2008

Frederik Ramm schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>      stumbled across a quote by David D Clark (of Internet
> architecture fame) today. He said:
>
> "We reject: kings, presidents and voting. We believe in: rough
> consensus and running code."
>
> Not that I'm into gurus and such but it's nice to see that I am not
> the only sane person on earth who doubts that formal voting processes
> are not necessarily the best thing to have ;-)

Hmmm, you and some other guys effectively sabotaged voting several
times. Did you noticed the side effect, that most of the discussion
about the proposals almost stopped completely - leading up to almost NO
IMPROVEMENTS to the mess of proposals we have. This will certainly help
everyone a lot, thank you!

Just ignoring the current mess we have in the map features caused in the
years past (e.g. no one seemed to care about documenting the features -
leading to a LOT OF confusion), sabotaging an actually working voting
process to more or less quickly find decisions about how to improve
stuff and NOT providing a better way of improving the current situation
is, well, strange.

You're queueing up to the long list of people just telling us how to not
do things, but you also know that we already have enough of those people ...

Regards, ULFL