[OSM-talk] Tagging climbing routes and scrambles

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Thu Apr 17 14:12:10 BST 2008

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, Nick wrote:

> It's worth noting that in terms of climbing grades there are plenty of
> different systems worldwide to allow for:

Yes, I was considering having a tag for each.  e.g.:
climbing:grade:british:adjectival=VS
climbing:grade:british:technical=5b
climbing:grade:french=6a
etc.

Although this makes the tag names rather long.

> Isn't it funny how in the last few months there's been lots of activity
> in terms of piste mapping - and now the weather has become nicer in the
> UK, the sport of climbing takes its turn...

:)

Well, it's all good stuff anyway - the wider the variety of data we
collect the more people OSM will appeal to.

  - Steve