[OSM-talk] Highway tagging in the USA

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Mon Apr 21 20:56:58 BST 2008

Possibly I am pushing a non-issue but personally I find the red overpowering
in a grid system and I have no other explanation as to why so many major
roads are getting tagged as tertiary and secondary.

Autually, I guess another explanation might be because many of the US
highways were tagged as secondary by default on import (with motorway-link
ramps).

Incidentally would it be possibly to design a 'tiger-bot' that went looking
for roads tagged as secondary, are 'separated' and had not been touched
since initial import and retagged them automatically as motorway? This would
of course need consensus but might save a lot of work, but I think the only
roads that fit this condition are really motorways.

Thanks,

Peter