[OSM-talk] Beyond Zoom 18 - (Some scratchspacing ideas concerning siteplans)

Sfan00 osmfeed at gfarlie.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 21 23:41:34 BST 2008

Hi,

In connection with something that was raised in #osm, I did some
scratchpading here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?lat=74.28624&lon=1.138034&zoom=18

(NOTE : I made sure that this wasn't actually anywhere important... it
appeared to be an area of ocean being in the middle of the Atlantic on OSM)

I was wondering what peoples thoughts were.
(these sketchs are NOT accurate, to scale - they are just some thoughts)

What exists are the start of some example floorplans for :
* A supermarket
* A Cinema seating arrangment
* A simple  house...

I would welcome some thoughts on what to expand...

On a related note, I would like to make a strong request for thier to be
'scratch' tiles in the OSM
system, so that experimental ideas can be trialled without affecting the
main map,database etc...