[OSM-talk] Static maps using the new export function

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Apr 25 14:17:51 BST 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 02:11:29PM +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:
> In message <4811D388.2030401 at remote.org>
>           Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
>
> > Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> > > Assuming that the export tab exported a simple, copy-paste friendly HTML
> > > view, would that help solve the technical hurdles?
> >
> > You mean to create a HTML snippet that would, with some stylesheet
> > magic, load a fixed map section from the tile server (including partial
> > display of border tiles)? That would be really cool - and could be used
> > even for embedding it into non-Javascript sites.
>
> I think Chris meant (and it was certainly my plan) an HTML snippet
> that embeds an OL slippy map. Though I guess if you turned off the
> default controls you might be able to make it static.

Right, there's that option, or you can just take the HTML that would
end up being generated by OpenLayers for such a static map, and use that
instead. I mean, it's Just Code, after all :)

You're right though, that I was thinking about the slippy map case, and
not the static map case.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt