[OSM-talk] Cycleway VS Track

Karl Guggisberg karl.guggisberg at guggis.ch
Sun Aug 3 21:58:35 BST 2008

Hi,

In Switzerland there are a lot of these roads too (called "Feldwege" instead
of Wirtschaftwege). I use the following tag set:

  highway=track
  grade=<whatever grade is best>  (I often omitt this tag)
  motorcar=destination            (if the signposts read "Zubringerdienst
gestattet" - could be a Helvetism, though)
  motorcycle=destination          (if the signposts read "Zubringerdienst
gestattet" - could be a Helvetism, though)
  bicycle=yes
  agricultural=yes                (if the signposts read
"Landwirtschaftliche Fahrzeuge gestattet")

Tracks in forests are sometimes allowed for "Forstwirtschaftliche
Fahrzeuge". There is no corresponding access tag, so, I usually use
  agricultural=yes

by
Karl