[OSM-talk] duplicated street names problem

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 15 00:09:24 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 01:53 +0300, nihal fares wrote:
> hey all ,,
>
> sry for interrupting with this silly question, but i'm new with the
> OSM and i don't know so much about it .. i'm using it to get tiles ,,
> since it is editable and most the street names are included
>
> first i was using google maps API but it has lack of street names in
> Egypt so i tried to use the OSM tiles using Mapnik to render data .
>
> But i found that there are duplicated street names and it looks very
> ugly like that and i'm using the map in my graduation project.

Does the same duplication appear on the main map, if so can you send us
a link to see the issue?

> so if any one can help me and tell me what to do to avoid these
> duplication  or if there was any other solutions for the problem.
>
> and i want to know also how can i render the map data as xml file "
> the area i want only " in my code.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you rendering a single
image or a set of tiles? What tool or script are you running? Most of
the scripts take a bounding box defined by lat/lon co-ordinates.

	Jon