[OSM-talk] duplicated street names problem

nihal fares nihal.fares at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 23:53:47 BST 2008

hey all ,,

sry for interrupting with this silly question, but i'm new with the OSM and
i don't know so much about it .. i'm using it to get tiles ,, since it is
editable and most the street names are included

first i was using google maps API but it has lack of street names in Egypt
so i tried to use the OSM tiles using Mapnik to render data .

But i found that there are duplicated street names and it looks very ugly
like that and i'm using the map in my graduation project.

so if any one can help me and tell me what to do to avoid these duplication
or if there was any other solutions for the problem.

and i want to know also how can i render the map data as xml file " the area
i want only " in my code.

thanks alot