[OSM-talk] mkgmap POI details

simon at mungewell.org simon at mungewell.org
Tue Aug 19 16:08:31 BST 2008

>> 1) Is it possible to include more information with the PIOs. Such as
>> contact numbers ('phone' tag), which would be for restuarants/etc?
>
> Don't know - interesting thought!

I dug a little last night and the spec is understood to contain a bit
field as to what each/every PIO contains (phone, address, etc). So I think
it is possible. This would be a good thing for me, as I'm making a tourist
map for local community, being able to find local resturants and get a
phone number would be cool.

>> 3) The '.img' map extends past my bounding box
>> ([bbox=-115,49.25,-114,49.75]), is it possible to limit it to this and
>> cut ways to terminate at boundaries?
>
> How are you cutting the tiles out? I use osmcut for this, now, having
> tried osmosis previously, and this does indeed cut the ways at the
> boundary.

I'm just downloading via XAPI, and some ways continue past BBox. If you
have a script maybe I can customise that. It seems that us Canadians are
basing map tiles on 0.5' long and 0.25' lat boundaries. Hence
[bbox=-115,49.25,-114,49.75]

Thanks,
Mungewell.