[OSM-talk] Where have all the contributors gone?

Aun Johnsen skippern at gimnechiske.org
Mon Dec 1 17:00:25 GMT 2008

Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 07:25:10 -0800 (PST)
From: Donald Allwright <donald_allwright at yahoo.com>
>Bolivia and Brazil still have
>a lot of water unmapped, so that would be something you could consider.

When I have time on hand and no survey data, such as during slow hours at
work, I trace lakes and rivers in the Brazilian state of Espirito Santo
using landsat in JOSM. This area have pure Yahoo satellite coverage so
there is a shortage of high resolution data to work with. When I have no
more tracable data to work with in Espirito Santo, than I will continue on
other states. There are enough water in Brazil to keep us trace for
decades to come.

My general survey is also somewhat limited as I do not have a car, and the
areas closest to home is getting close to completed. Still working on
putting in amenities, but this also goes slow due to the fact that I
forget bringing notebooks, so I have to remember names and locations.
Things are slowly coming into the map though. Also, at times I load ALL my
GPX tracks into JOSM to see if there is a detail I have overlooked, or if
a road can be adjusted.

In other words, I am still working, still sporadic only. Saving money for
a car though.

--
Brgds
Aun Johnsen