[OSM-talk] How to tag this unknown barrier

Miriam Tolke miriat at lycos.de
Tue Dec 2 21:42:08 GMT 2008

> > I've uploaded a photo to
> > <a target="_blank"
> href='http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Image:Unknown_barrier.jpg.'>http://
> wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Image:Unknown_barrier.jpg.</a>
>
> looks almost like this one
>
> <a target="_blank"
> href='http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Image:Dscf0487_600.jpg'>http://wiki
> .openstreetmap.org/wiki/Image:Dscf0487_600.jpg</a>

Yes, that's exactly like mines (just painted). I now identified that photo on [[Map Features]] but as example for footway. On the small thumb I didn't recognize that barriers before.

> Last time i looked at it, it was proposed as barrier=chicane, but now it
> seems to be traffic_calming=chicane instead.

So that's the same what Ed says (thanks Ed!) and I think I'll use this.
I had looked at traffic_calming before, but no photo came near though the description of chicane suggests the same intention.

Thanks,
Miriam

LOVE at LYCOS ist jetzt ganz neu ? melde dich kostenlos an, lerne neue Leute kennen und finde deinen Flirt! http://love.lycos.de/start.action