[OSM-talk] Unification of OpenStreetBugs an Trac

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 16:39:12 GMT 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 12:10 AM, Christoph Böhme <christoph at b3e.net> wrote:

> At the moment I am trying to figure out if bug reports reports can be
> stored directly in the osm database using standard nodes and tags.

Please, please don't take or advocate this approach. The OSM core
tables should, ideally, contain geo-data. We already anticipate much
of the meta-data (e.g. created_by tags, usernames) to be applied to
changesets (which are in themselves natively metadata). There's been a
long and steady agreement that future bug tracking systems won't just
slap nodes into the midst of our geotables.

However, this is another subject that needs more doing and less talking :-)

Cheers,
Andy