[OSM-talk] Yahoo WMS server?

Niccolo Rigacci osm at rigacci.org
Fri Dec 5 16:42:31 GMT 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 09:13:59PM +0100, Till Harbaum / Lists wrote:

> is there a stand-alone yahoo WMS server? Yahoos license seem to allow this
> and some users of my osm2go ask for yahoo images. Going through a
> wms server would be the easiest and cleanest solution i think.

How much different is Yahoo imagery protocol from Microsoft
VirtualEarth [1] one?

I wrote a WMS proxy for VE, I can provide the PHP :-( code!
Just install Apache and copy the php code.

Unfortunately VE is not usable for OSM, due VirtualEarth license
restriction.

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb259689.aspx

--
Niccolo Rigacci