[OSM-talk] Yahoo WMS server?

Till Harbaum / Lists lists at harbaum.org
Sat Dec 6 19:27:07 GMT 2008

Hi,

Am Donnerstag 04 Dezember 2008 schrieb Frederik Ramm:
> None that I'm aware of. We're going through a lot of pain with JOSM to
> display Yahoo background images, and we wouldn't do that if there was a WMS.
I wonder why the ywms plugin is a plugin at all as it sounds like it's exaclty
the type of server i am asking for.

> > Yahoos license seem to allow this
> Tell me more?
I've been told that the yahoo license permits derivative works which also
is the reason why potlatch and josm are making use of this. Wouldn't a
server distrubuting slightly converted/scales/cropped images not also
provide just derivative work?

Till