[OSM-talk] Yahoo WMS server?

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 19:50:49 GMT 2008

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 9:27 PM, Till Harbaum / Lists <lists at harbaum.org> wrote:
> I've been told that the yahoo license permits derivative works which also
> is the reason why potlatch and josm are making use of this. Wouldn't a
> server distrubuting slightly converted/scales/cropped images not also
> provide just derivative work?

Perhaps. Or do they just allow derivation of vector data by hand ?

But Y! is under no obligation to serve anyone with images. And who
knows exactly what their business plan is and what they regard as
value creation for their shareholders. So if you go ahead with this,
make it very clear that Y! is the source and OSM has not encouraged
you to do it.