[OSM-talk] Something wrong with some postcode areas?

Dirk-Lüder Kreie osm-list at deelkar.net
Tue Dec 9 08:11:40 GMT 2008

Elena of Valhalla schrieb:
> Is there something wrong with some postcode areas between France and Germany?
>
> http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=addresses&lon=5.81038&lat=44.04829&zoom=6
>
> this is the first time i've opened the OSM inspector, so I have no
> clue what could be going on

That's a known shortcoming of the method OSM inspector uses to connect
postcode areas. Since it just uses a "same number" scheme to identify
address nodes belonging to the same PC area, it sometimes connects
unrelated PC areas in different countries, because the numbers are the same.

--

Dirk-Lüder "Deelkar" Kreie
Bremen - 53.0952°N 8.8652°E