[OSM-talk] My slippy map

Bernhard Zwischenbrugger bz at datenkueche.com
Tue Dec 9 11:36:41 GMT 2008

Hi

> yes it's smooth :) but you disabled the useful "shift + clic" for
> rapid zooming a zone...

That's implemented now:
http://lamp2.fhstp.ac.at/~lbz/beispiele/ws2008/oomap4/
(but only tested with firefox 2.0)

> I'm not sure he "disabled" it as much as "hasn't got around to
> implementing it".

I simple didn't know that. That's really useful.

> Has to be said though, that's one smooth zoom.

Thanks

> I  think the animated zooms could do with being a little faster but
> that's no big deal,

It's perfect on my touchpad. There is also an extra speed boost if you turn the wheel very fast.
I increased the extra speed a bit - maybe it's ok now.

> am I right in thinking that you're not restricting
> it so that you can only view at specific zoom factors but you can also
> drag the tiles when they're part-way between zooms?

That's the big problem.
Google Maps always snaps to a "good" zoom lavel - but I don't like it very much.
I'm searching for a solution - but have no idea how to solve that.
The user expects an excellent picture for all zoom levels, but that's not possible with raster images.

thanks for testing

Bernhard