[OSM-talk] My slippy map

D Tucny d at tucny.com
Tue Dec 9 12:14:31 GMT 2008

2008/12/9 Bernhard Zwischenbrugger <bz at datenkueche.com>

>  am I right in thinking that you're not restricting  it so that you can
>> only view at specific zoom factors but you can also  drag the tiles when
>> they're part-way between zooms?
>>

> That's the big problem.
> Google Maps always snaps to a "good" zoom lavel - but I don't like it very
> much.
> I'm searching for a solution - but have no idea how to solve that.
> The user expects an excellent picture for all zoom levels, but that's not
> possible with raster images.

If between zoom levels, would it give better results if you were to take the
next zoom level in rather than the next zoom level out?

i.e. use zoom 13 tiles shrunk slightly if at an effective zoom 12.5 rather
than zoom 12 tiles stretched slightly...

I guess the downside would be the extra tiles that would need to be
fetched...