[OSM-talk] addressing

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Dec 9 13:37:13 GMT 2008

Hi,

Matt Amos wrote:
> sure, editor support isn't 100% yet, but why re-create a poor-man's
> relations with name-based references, when we already have "proper"
> relations?

In my eyes an address is not a relation. It comes close, but a house
*can* have an address that has nothing to do with the road that passes
it. The address "31 So-and-So Street" does not mean that this is the
31st house on So-and-So Street, it doesn't even necessarily mean that
the entrance is via So-and-So Street or that it is in the vicinity of
30, 32, or 33... I view an address as an individual attribute of a
certain property that is often similar to addresses of neighbouring
properties, but need not be.

Bye
Frederik