[OSM-talk] Cannot get osm2pgsql to run

Nop ekkehart at gmx.de
Tue Dec 9 23:33:04 GMT 2008

Hello!

I am trying to set up a mapnik instance, but I cannot get osm2pgsql to
run. I have followed the instructions on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mapnik/PostGIS but they are rather
sketchy so I need some pointer on where the problem is.

I have created a DB gis. First I got an error "missing function" so I
concluded that I had to create the db from the template_postgis, though
the Wiki does not mention this. My user is superuser and owner of the
db. When I try to import a small osm file, I get the following error.

osm2pgsql SVN version 0.55-20081113 $Rev: 10464 $

Using projection SRS 900913 (Spherical Mercator)
Setting up table: planet_osm_point
SELECT AddGeometryColumn('planet_osm_point', 'way', 900913, 'POINT', 2 );
  failed: ERROR:  AddGeometryColumns() - invalid SRID
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT AddGeometryColumn('','', $1 , $2 , $3 ,
$4 , $5
)"
PL/pgSQL function "addgeometrycolumn" line 4 at SQL statement

Error occurred, cleaning up

Can anybody tell what the problem is?

thanks
	Nop