[OSM-talk] osm2go as yet another desktop tool?

Till Harbaum lists at harbaum.org
Tue Dec 16 08:44:05 GMT 2008

Hi,

Von: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason<avarab at gmail.com>
> * The toolbar items don't have any tooltips - I've attached a patch
> that fixes this which you may or may not want to use as-is
Great, thanks. I applied it and it'll be part of the next release

> * When I select a way and try to add a node to a way I can't add a
> node where osm2go renders a direction arrow
Oops ... i missed that. Thanks for the hint.

> * It can't handle GPX tracks with multiple embedded tracks ("ignoring
> additional track"). This applies to pretty much all of my tracks
This should be rather simple to fix.

> * There are no shortcut keys for anything - or maybe there are and
> they only work on the nokia device. On the desktop it would be pretty
> neat to have "a" for add node, "w" for way, "p" for split way etc etc.
> The property dialog has the same problem
Good idea. I am mainly addressing mobile/touchscreen users and beginners.
Both don't have much need for shortcuts. But since they don't clutter the gui and
are nearly invisible to beginners i'd appreciate something like this.
Perhaps staying close to JOSM would be a good idea.

Since you already asked for the repository: You are welcome to do such
changes directly in the repository.

Till